Learning Centre (Room 305)
The Open Learning Centre is in room 305 and has seating areas, desk space and PCs and is open at the following times:
Monday – Thursday 09.00-20.30
Friday & Saturday 09.00-16.00
You can use the Open Learning Centre at any
time during opening times except for when it has been booked for an ESOL class
(see the Open Learning Centre timetable attached below).
If it is being used for an ESOL class, you can use the library on the 6th
floor (room 601).
What can you do in the Open Learning Centre?
- Study independently on homework or assignments for your course
- Get support with job search (eg looking for work, writing a CV or application etc)
- Get careers advice
- Improve your computer skills with free online courses from beginner to advanced (including learning how to use social media)
- Improve your literacy, numeracy and language skills
- Get support from teachers or Additional Learning Support staff
There is a range of support available in the Open Learning Centre. The attachement below offers an explanation of the support and activities that are offered. A timetable is displayed in the Open Learning Centre, showing current times when this support is available.