Site news

Letter to learners from the college Principal Helen Hammond

Letter to learners from the college Principal Helen Hammond

by Besim Gerguri -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Learners 

I hope that you and your families are all keeping safe and well during this difficult period. I am writing to update you about the current situation regarding our classes at WM College.

We have been busy during this lockdown period in creating new and different ways to help and support you in your learning. We have been experimenting with new ways to deliver our courses and we have successfully developed a range of online courses that I know many of you are currently following.

Tutors have developed new methods and created excellent resources to deliver successful and interesting online teaching courses and we will be continuing to develop and include these ideas into all of our courses from September.

We are following Government advice regarding the lifting of the lockdown period and we are currently unable to reopen our college site for learners.

We are reviewing the layout of our college sites as we plan to start face to face teaching from September. We will follow Government advice regarding any requirements we need to put in place to enable social distancing and limiting the number of people on site.

WM College is a strong and supportive learning community and we will continue to work together to ensure that the health and safety of all staff and learners is our number one priority. This will mean that there will be some changes to the way we deliver our classes in the future, but I am sure that you will continue to support us as we work to make your learning as accessible as possible.

We are very excited to let you know that our new course guide for the next academic year 20/21 will be launched at the end of June and available on our website. We will have a brand-new look this year including a dynamic new website.

We have made online enrolment much easier for you and we also have a chat function on our website so that one of our learner services staff can help to direct you through the system should you need any additional support or advice. Please do not try to come into the College until we announce that the building is open. 

We aim to keep our courses as affordable as possible and we have a whole range of free courses and taster sessions ready for you to join. We have some new online taster sessions that are starting in June which will provide an opportunity to try something new. 

We are also offering our Early Bird discount of 10% for all enrolments up to the end of September. With best wishes and hope to see you all again soon.

Helen Hammond

Principal