Site news

Letter to learners from the college Principal Helen Hammond 25 June 2020

Letter to learners from the college Principal Helen Hammond 25 June 2020

by Besim Gerguri -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Learner,

I hope that you and all your loved ones have managed to keep well and healthy during this whole lockdown period. 

I am pleased that so many of you have been able to continue learning with us through the online sessions that we have been running and that you have been continuing to receive help and support from your tutors. 

We are now preparing for courses to start back in September. I hope that you like our new look course guide and the new website which will be launching on 6 July. 

We have a wide range of courses available for the next academic year, but there are likely to be changes while there continues to be ongoing concerns around the impact of Covid 19 and social distancing restrictions. 

Staff have been working hard to restructure our course offer to include online learning as part of the delivery model. This means that we will be able to provide our wide range of courses from September with a mixture of online and face to face teaching. 

We are working to ensure that our buildings are prepared for teaching from September. We will     be using a one-way system through the building, setting out teaching spaces to meet social distancing requirements and there will be additional cleaning and sanitation of equipment taking place each day. These changes will have an impact on our normal way of working but it is essential that we do everything possible to ensure the health and safety of all staff and learners. 

Enrolment for courses for 2020/21 starts on 6th July and online enrolment is now much easier to use with the new website. There is also an online chat function on the website to provide additional help. I would therefore encourage everybody to enrol online.

We do realise though that online enrolment is not possible for all learners and so we will be providing some limited opportunities for enrolment using the Maurice Hall. The college will be open for enrolment: 

6 – 10 July Mon – Thurs 11:00 to 18:00, Fri 11:00 – 14:30
13 – 17 July Mon – Thurs 11:00 to 18:00, Fri 11:00 – 14:30
20 – 24 July Tues, Wed, Thurs 11:00 – 18:00
27 – 31 July Tues, Wed, Thurs 11:00 – 18:00 

These times may be subject to change so please check the website before your planned visit. 

We are able to arrange a timed appointment so that you do not have to spend time queuing. To book an appointment please contact Learner Services via our main email address: learnerservices@wmcollege.ac.uk 

In order to guarantee everybody’s safety we will have to limit the number of people on site at any one time. If enrolment is busy when you arrive or if you need to return to bring in relevant documents then the queue managers on site will be able to arrange a timed appointment for you. 

Please note that we will open for enrolment only during these times and learners will not be able to use the rest of the building. 

We really want to see you all again but please do not come into college if you can enrol online. We need to limit the numbers of people in the building and so we would ask you to help us during this time. 

I am sure that we are all hoping that life returns to something like normal from September so please help us to help you during this time. We will be updating the website on a daily basis and this will be our main way to keep you informed so please make sure that you check: www.wmcollege.ac.uk 

Looking forward to seeing you all soon! 

Helen Hammond

Principal